📱 The Hololoot Android Beta and Tester Competition
Expanding the AR NFT Metaverse for more users ✨
You asked, and we delivered — Hololoot is coming to Android!
After the success of our iOS beta, we’re excited to announce that we’re now opening Android testing ahead of the full public release in July. This is a great opportunity for our community to get their hands on the app, test its features and win your share of $1750 in prizes 💸
🔥To all the people who filled out the google form to participate in the Hololoot Android Beta, check your emails (and your spam box)! 🥳
All emails will be sent within the next six days.
In this article, we outline the testing process and go through what you need to do to be eligible for prizes 🔥
Please note that this article relates to the Android test — if you’re an iOS user you can find the instructions on how to install the app in this article. Remember, our testing competition for Apple devices has already ended.
⚠️ Important reminders
Before diving in, there are a few things to note.
- ⚠️ Read this guide carefully, particularly the section on connecting your wallet to the dApp.
- The app is still undergoing development, and most features are still experimental. The public release version of the app may look and function differently from the version you’re testing today.
- Because the app is still in development, there’s a good chance you’ll encounter bugs. If you find any bugs, please report them and take note of the specific details and share them when giving feedback on the app.
- We have a Discord channel for you to share your thoughts and experiences with other testers. If you have any questions or encounter a critical error, please share them there.
- During testing, the app will only feature the AR viewer with some sample assets: your NFTs will come with the public release in July ✨
Testing the app is an awesome way to explore the AR viewer that we’ve been working hard on — even though there’s still work to be done, we think it’s pretty awesome.
⚡️ Getting started
Installing the Hololoot Android app is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Head to the link sent to your email!
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Download the app from the Play Store.
Once installed, it’s time to get started. Watch the following video to learn about the app and how to use it.
We want to make the app as simple and enjoyable as possible, so even if you don’t find any noticeable bugs we still want to hear your honest feedback. Please take the time to explore all the features and use the app in different settings.
After spending some time in the app (and after completing the challenges below), we’d like to hear your feedback. Please fill out this webform and detail your experiences and ideas.
💎 Your first AR NFTs
Testers can claim up to three AR NFTs from the beta version of the marketplace. These AR NFTs aren’t part of any collection but should instead be used in testing and for creating content for the tester competition.
- The first model is free to claim for all testers.
- The second model can be claimed by those with more than 500 HOL in their wallet.
- The third model can be claimed by those with more than 1000 PIXEL in their wallet.
Please note that you won’t need to buy any of these assets. You only need to have the HOL and PIXEL tokens in your wallet to enable the claim.
Make sure you claim as many assets as you can — using more assets gives you a more complete perspective on how the app works.
You will be able to use all these assets in the competition, giving you an awesome chance to win some huge prizes!
🚨️ Connecting your wallet — please read carefully!
Hololoot is currently running on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) network. To use your dApp, you need to have MetaMask installed on your smartphone.
Please note that at this stage MetaMask is the only supported wallet — please do not try to connect with an alternative wallet.
Remember, your HOL and PIXEL tokens need to be in the wallet you connect to the dApp for you to claim all your tester AR NFTs.
🏆 Tester competition
We’re celebrating the Android test with a massive competition! Create a video using the AR assets provided in the beta and you could win up to $1,000 USD!
The competition is simple: create the scariest video you can using the assets in the Android beta app.
🥇 1st prize: $1,000 USD
🥈 2nd prize: $500 USD
🥉 3rd prize: $250 USD
Upload your video to Drive or YouTube and submit it via this webform by July 14. Our team will select the winners and publish the results on our social channels shortly after the competition closes.
Please make sure your video is original and doesn’t violate any community standards.
🔥 Building the Holo-future
We’re incredibly excited to be opening the Android app for testing, and we can’t wait to see your spooky videos 👻
If you have any questions or doubts, please reach out to our team in the tester Discord, and please remember to send your feedback in. Your opinions will help make Hololoot the best it possibly can be ✨